Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why do I blog?

I assume that pretty much everyone that reads this blog also follows Bullet Points, but just in case Anjin has a succinct but though provoking post up. My favorite quote:

"If all I was looking for was validation from the community, I'd be dying my hair black and cutting myself by now."

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Anjin. I am truly greatful that some folks take the time to stop by. It helps my motivation a lot to know I'm at least whistling at few people instead of directly into the wind. But in the end, I do this mainly because I enjoy writing. Putting words together to make stuff is fun.

I also feel like there is a need for more blogs focused on general MMO commentary from folks that haven't yet become jaded oracles of snarkyness and negativity. I really get tired of reading blogs written by cranks that get pissed every time a new MMO comes along that wasn't design by Christ himself to cater to whatever their fetishes happen to be. It was just such a series of posts about a yet another new "good but not earth shattering" MMO that prompted be to start this blog in a drunken fit of pique. I'm glad that I did, it's been fun.

Hopefully that will be the most self indulgent post you'll see here for a while ;-)

1 comment:

  1. This is why I'm glad I found your blog. The level of snark and venom that has pervaded the MMO community is quite disappointing. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete